Thursday, August 9, 2007

C'est la vie

Have you ever felt like you were living in two worlds? Two complete opposite worlds that you know will never combine? Well that's how I feel right now. I have my life here in Haiti and then I have my life In the states. This is hard. It is always hard for me to leave the comfort I have in Haiti... the comfort of the kids.... my good friend You You.... and yes my boyfriend. On the other hand I have my family back home... my mom... my sister... my nephew... and my granny. The only thing differnt is this time when I go home I will be going home to a completely new home. My mom moved this summer from the house I basically grew up in and I will be returning to a completely different city... a different neighborhood... and a new home. It is going to be hard. Everything about it.... and although I am a strong girl.... I am scared. I just wish there was a way I could combine my two worlds into one. But life is not that easy. So I will say my "see ya laters"(goodbyes) to everyone in Hait... and head back to the states because this is life and I know God is walking with me every step I take helping me to see the purpose he has for me... in both my worlds!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Praying for you, Anne!! God has a great plan for you!

Unknown said...

Hey Anne...I was just thinking about you and wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you! Home is going to be different and the kids will miss you, but you're right...God is walking with you every step of the way. Hopefully I'll see you next summer!

Kathy Eden said...

Praying as well!

angela said...

we, in your second home, will miss you terribly! i've loved having you here all summer and there will be a great void in your absence. but truly, there is a reason the Lord has you in two places right now. just remember we're always here waiting for you to come home!